Happy Birthday Kiip!
On this day six years ago, a 19 year-old (Brian Wong) and two friends (Courtney Guertin and Amadeus Demarzi) started on a journey to make mobile advertising better. Today we happily report and celebrate that Kiip has done just that. In fact, we are still doing it. Everyday we strive to continue powering moments that matter—to brands, to developers and most importantly to consumers.
Speaking of moments! In honor of our sixth birthday, we’d like to highlight some of Kiip’s biggest moments over the last six years.
- Kiip is founded by Brian Wong, Courtney Guertin and Amadeus Demarzi.
- Kiip raises $300K in seed round funding from True Ventures and Joe Stump
- Kiip’s network reached one million devices and serves cumulative total of one million rewards.
- Kiip raises $4 million in Series A funding from Verizon, True Ventures, Hummer and Crosslink.
- Kiip’s network reached 25 million devices.
- New York, Chicago and Los Angeles offices open.
- Kiip raises $11 million in Series B funding from True Ventures, Hummer, Relay and Digital Garage.
- Kiip’s network reaches 50 million devices and serves a cumulative total of 10 million rewards.
- Kiip and IPG perform a clinical study on the effects of achievement moments and rewards in comparison to ads on mobile devices
- Kiip serves 25 million rewards
- Kiip logo gets a small update
- Rewarded Video is rolled out as Kiip’s video advertising solution.
- Kiip develops a Web SDK to enable rewards in-browser
- Kiip is nominated at the Cannes Lions Festival
- The Taco Bell and Mastercard Priceless Surprises loyalty apps launch with Kiip’s platform technology
- Kiip rolls out unit 3.0, incorporating responsive design, better video handling and a revamped backend
- Kiip’s 2015 Hackathon results in a new and improved Demo Tool
- Kiip’s Campari campaign wins a Mobile Media Summit award and is nominated for a Smarties Award
- Cheetah Mobile joins the Kiip network
- The moments classification project redefines moments with respect to audiences
- Kiip has 2.4 billion rewardable moments
- Kiip hosts 26 billion sessions
- Kiip delivers 583 million rewards
2016 (so far!):
- Kiip throws an epic party at SXSW with T-Pain
- Kiip rolls out a redesigned reward unit
- Kiip adds 31 languages to the SDK improving redemptions by up to 194%
We’d like to thank everyone that’s supported us in powering moments that matter! It’s your birthday to celebrate too!