Hey Kiipers! Brian here. September’s been a great month – and Adweek in New York has kept us especially busy. Here’s a recap of everything that’s been going down at Kiip.
Kiip Press & Happenings
- *Drum roll please* We won Mobile Media Summit’s Best B2c Mobile Branding category for our Campari campaign! Big thanks to Campari, Mindshare, mSix for this incredible collaboration.
- We attended the MMA Smarties Gala during the beginning of Adweek. We were nominated for the Social Impact / Not For Profit category (also for our Campari campaign.) Major congrats to Singapore Red Cross and MRM/McCann for their big win!
- During Adweek in NYC I spoke on two panels, ZEFR and AFR. “Every Second Counts: How ‘Moments’ are Reshaping Marketing’ was the ZEFR panel topic. Here are quick Twitter highlights, but if you have time, you can catch up on the entire talk. AFR’s panel topic was “How is the C-suite leading us out of the “Frankenmetrics” world?” Here’s a good read highlighting the conversation. If that intrigues you enough, you can watch the C-suite panelists hash it out here.
- I had to take it to my Canadian roots and travel over to Toronto for the Road Hockey to Conquer Cancer event. The event altogether raised $2.4 million! Check out the photos of the event below. #GameOnCancer!
- I was apart of the ““How to Get On the 30 Under 30: And What Happens Next?” panel hosted by Forbes. Here’s a great Forbes article recap of the conversation.
- Published an excerpt titled “The Innovator On Data” in Adaptive Marketing by Norm Johnston, Chief Strategy and Digital Officer at Mindshare.
- Our Business Development team hosted a Casual Connect party at Swig in San Francisco. Pik Pok, Cheetah Mobile, and IMVU were some of our clients that attended. DJ Kepik pumped up the crowd and the cherry on top was, of course, the open bar.
Our favorite links
- The Drum – Collaboration or exploitation? Finding relationship harmony for agencies and startups.
- 10 interesting marketing stats featured on eye-catching infographics from Advertising Week.
- Ad Exchanger – Why have we only mastered viewability measurement on desktop?
Lots of California good times this month. Find out exactly where I’ll be next and join the events if you’re in the area!
- This Thursday, October 6th at 10AM PDT please join me on a LIVE chat hosted by Product Hunt. It’ll be a general discussion regarding my expertise – I’m open to all questions!
- Yep, Hollywood’s calling my name. Next week on October 13th I’ve been invited to host a lunch at Kairos Global Summit to discuss how to use youth as a weapon in the business world.
- On October 20th I’ll be back in LA area for the 30 Under 30 Panel on Innovation hosted by Forbes/Teradata. Come by if you can and say hello.
- October 22nd, I’ll be staying in the Los Angeles area for the Think LA: Young Stars panel. Can’t wait!
- At the end of the month I’ll be strapping on my cowboy boots and heading over to Austin, Texas! Campari and I will be joining forces and discuss the Future of Advertising at the iMedia Breakthrough Summit together.
That’s it for my recent news, folks. Looking forward to updating you next month!