With mobile purchases expected to come in at a staggering $79 billion this year, and 64% of the American population owning a smartphone, it’s no mystery that businesses that provide the best mobile experiences to their customers will be the winners this year.
There are several areas that mobile marketers are looking at to improve customer experience, including customer support services optimized for mobile, self-service support for mobile users, SMS service and mobile pay. A seamless mobile experience from browsing to buying is essential to retain customers and slash bounce rates.
Check out these top tools to keep your mobile customers happy and loyal:
As sales and web traffic via mobile increase, customer support for mobile has to keep up. This software combines email, web, chat, phone and mobile requests into one seamless support ticket system. They promise to improve your support response time, always a plus for the customer. Some extra features include app integration and mobile readiness, this tools is also customizable and it supports 35 languages. Voted “Best Help Desk Software for 2015” by PCMag.
Truly an all-in-one service, this software allows you to both build your product and provide customer support. Their product-building features include an extensive feedback collection campaign that allows you to optimize your product based on user experience. Their customer service boasts a personalized feel over an impersonal ticketing system. Great content creation for their Instant Answers system allows customers to find the answer they need quickly and easily, reducing ticket volume by as much as 50%.
A report by Gartner estimates that by 2020 85% of customer service will be self-service, without the interaction of a human representative of the company. Not only that, but 70% of clients expect a company’s website to have a self-service app. That means that self-service apps are on the rise. Aspect is a mobile optimized self-service platform that offers a range of benefits including:
- Location-based services to improve functionality.
- Cross-channel analytics to help you understand every aspect of the customer experience.
- Two-way automated texting.
- Voice, email, web chat, IM, inbound ACD, social, video, chat, omni-channel solutions.
- Proactive notifications to improve customer outreach.
Text messaging is not only good for businesses, it’s good for customers too: 90% of mobile users who opted into SMS marketing said they benefited from it. Also text messaging is a simple and powerful solution for better customer support. TextMagic is a bulk SMS service that offers several features including:
- SMS Distribution Lists.
- Global SMS coverage – serving over 1,000 mobile networks in over 200 countries.
- Two-way SMS chat to both send customers important messages about appointments, promotions or events and receive inquiries and comments from your valued customer base.
- Dozens of free tools and an informative blog.
- Contract free pre-paid SMS messaging service- fits all business size budgets.
Optimizing your business for mobile payments is no longer optional with mobile commerce making up nearly 21% of all e-commerce in 2016 and estimated to reach 45% of e-commerce by 2020. Pay-On offers the following features:
- Over 300 alternative payment methods.
- Seamless conversion from e-commerce to m-commerce.
- Easy one-touch payments.
- Compatible with iOS, Android and Windows mobile.
- Device detection – adjusts its interface according to the device it detects the customer is using for better user experience.
- Secure payments with their COPY and PAY system.
In order to improve your customer’s mobile experience it’s important to test your product for usability on mobile. This software allows you to analyze your mobile web performance by testing both prototypes and live mobile sites. Collect UX metrics as well as user videos to analyze user reactions.
You can also compare your site’s performance to that of other sites in the same industry. Identify and fix problem areas to create the optimum mobile experience for your customers with their analytics platform. Their Mobile App Voice of the Customer creates a platform for real-time customer feedback.
Even point-of-sale purchases are going mobile. This software provides mobile pay option for both in-store and online purchases. Benefits include:
- Lower rate for debit payments (1.95%) vs. credit payments (2.95%).
- No equipment or card reader needed-uses the customer’s phone camera to scan their credit or debit cards.
- Create and send coupons to clients.
- Add a “Buy Now” link to your mobile app, social media or website.
- Compatible with iOS and Android.
- Send invoices and collect payments online.
- Track your business’ transactions on your mobile.
Whether you’re just launching your mobile marketing campaign or you’re looking to capitalize on your current mobile platform, these tools will help you provide better customer experience. And better customer experience = increased ROI, increased revenues and increased loyalty.
Alexa Lemzy is the customer support specialist and content manager at TextMagic. She does her best to build strong relationships with customers and ensure they have great mobile customer experience. If you want to discuss something with her, just tweet to @Alexa_Lemzy.